Posted by: Audiegrl
TVNewser reports that MSNBC is streamlining its daytime schedule and doing away with the themed hours focused on the economy and politics. It’s a back-to-basics approach for the network’s daytime news hours which slipped to fifth place in December, behind FNC, CNN, HLN and CNBC between 9am-4pm.
Effective Monday the new daytime line-up is:
- Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski ~ “Morning Joe” at 6-9amET
- Chuck Todd and Savannah Guthrie ~ “The Daily Rundown” at 9amET
- David Shuster at 10amET
- Tamron Hall at 11amET
- Contessa Brewer at 12Noon
- Andrea Mitchell ~ “Andrea Mitchell Reports” at 1pmET
- Tamron Hall at 2pmET
- David Shuster at 3pmET
- Dylan Ratigan ~ “The Dylan Ratigan Show” at 4pmET
In a late December shake-up, Ratigan’s morning show was cut in half and moved to a afternoon slot, along with the cancellation of Dr. Nancy Snynderman’s “Dr. Nancy” show.
The network’s themed shows “It’s the Economy” which had been co-anchored by CNBC’s Melissa Francis and Brewer and Friday’s “New York Times Edition” which had been co-anchored by NBC’s Norah O’Donnell and CNBC’s John Harwood have both been canceled.