Posted by: Audiegrl
Written by Kori Schulman
To launch the new LetsMove.gov, the First Lady answered some of your questions in her first live video chat with AOL Health. AOL called on their readers to submit questions for Mrs. Obama in the days leading up to the chat. In addition to the thousands of questions received in advance, even more of you engaged in the live event. Here is what you missed:
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Watch the full video above or jump directly to the following sections by clicking the links below (questions are paraphrased):
- Opening remarks
- Tell us about the initiative and why you decided to create this program for the families of America.
- What advice can you give parents who both work, barely have time to clean their homes or cook healthy meals, and have limited time for outdoor activities with our kids?
- How do you empower parents to help their overweight children? What advice do you have?
- How do you encourage your family to incorporate some treats but also stay healthy?
- Is there a way to encourage school districts to realize that fitness is essential to students’ well being?”
- Physical education is often looked at with dread by some students. Is there a way to change this?
- What are your thoughts on educating parents and adults on how to feed their children?
- Are there plans to implement new laws or tax breaks for companies to increase accessibility to affordable organic food in more cities?
- Aside from pediatricians, who else is a good resource for learning about good quality nutrition?
- Where do you think we’ll be in five years? What will our school lunches look like? What will fitness programs look like? And how will local communities be involved?
There were thousands of questions submitted through AOL Health and Facebook, and unfortunately we couldn’t get to them all during the chat. We’ll be answering more of your questions throughout the week on the LetsMove.gov blog so be sure to check it out.
Looking for more stories on the First Lady? Check out our brand new section: FLOTUS: All Things Michelle Obama