Posted by: Audiegrl
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- 8:48 AM~Potus is golfing. He teed off at 7:30 am at the Grove Park Inn course, the White House says. No press coverage was permitted. The foursome included Chicago friends Marty Nesbitt and Eric Whitaker, and White House Trip Director Marvin Nicholson.
- 1:38 PM~Potus finished playing 18 holes of golf at 12:54 pm, nearly 5 1/2 hours after teeing off. One glimpse of the foursome as they played what appears to be a par 4. A witness said potus waved to a group of hotel guests watching his tee shot from a glassed-in lounge above the course. As the long convoy of golf carts made it’s way to the green (well protected by bunkers), guests clad in blue bathrobes emerged from the nearby spa to get a look. Weather cooperated during the president’s round, though skies are still overcast.
- 7:22 PM~Potus, flotus, the Nesbitts and the Whitakers left the Grove Park Inn at 6:00 pm and drove 20 minutes to the Biltmore House, where they received a 50 minute private tour. The house, which gives the White House a run for it’s money, is a 4- story French Renaissance manor with 250 rooms and 65 fireplaces. Built by George Vanderbilt, it is said to be the largest privately owned home in the U.S. Steady rain now falling. Motorcade has left the grounds and we’re rolling toward a restaurant where the 3 couples are having dinner.
- 7:54 PM~The first couple and friends are dining at the Corner Kitchen restaurant in Asheville. Motorcade dropped them off about 7:30 p.m.
- 9:05 PM~Potus, flotus and friends left the Corner Kitchen restaurant about 9 pm. Potus, wearing a dark jacket against the rain, got a round of applause from diners as he left. Standing outside he waved at the pool. Someone inside the restaurant yelled, “Come back soon.” “We will!” he said. Michelle followed him out, with someone holding an umbrella above her head. Motorcade rolling back to the hotel.
Looking for more stories on the First Lady? Check out our brand new section: FLOTUS: All Things Michelle Obama