She discussed new support for military spouses and children to be included in the upcoming budget:
- Increasing funds for military family support programs
- Reducing shortages in military child care
- Increasing funds for youth programs for military children
- Increasing funds for spousal career development
- New funding for quality Coast Guard housing
The First Lady called for Americans to support military families and thanked the spouses and children for their service to their communities. “You put your own priorities aside. You take care of one another. You take care of America. And as First Lady, I can’t thank you all enough and I promise you that I will use every ounce of my being to make sure that America always takes care of you.”
Vodpod videos no longer available.